Our family (actually, mostly my decision) chose to stay for 4D/3N in an apartment/condo in Hong Kong that I booked thru Wimdu. You can read about how I came to this decision here.
|Photo source: Wimdu|
Pros About This Apartment
– Along Nathan Rd. corner Waterloo Rd. in Yau Ma Tei
Note: Yau Ma Tei (YMT) is only 5 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui (TST), 10 minutes to Central, 34 minutes to Disneyland and 38 minutes to the airport via MTR
– With YMT MTR Exit just outside the building
– Near the bus stops
– Near the night markets (Mongkok and Temple St)
|This is how the building looks like from afar. It’s old.|
– Building has it’s own doorman with CCTV camera in the ground floor and inside the elevators.
– Very affordable
– Has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining area, kitchen, washing machine, refrigerator, water heater, air-conditioning in all bedrooms. We badly need a ref to store my mom’s insulin.
Here are some pictures I took during our stay….
|The gate outside the door which is very tricky to unlock.|
|Living room (with sofa bed) and 1st bedroom (with double deck)|
|The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms (with double bed each). Room at the right has its own bathroom.|
|The Kitchen – Only 1 ref is working. This also leads to the other bathroom.|
|I love the blue lights they have.|
– Can cook our own food (tipid mode pa rin!)
– Fast and free WiFi
– Universal plug is provided
– And last but not the least, we get to stay together in one place only – makes family bonding more special 🙂
Cons About This Apartment:
– Not yet guest-ready when we arrived
– Washed bedsheets and pillow cases were hung inside the bedrooms
– Small and old elevator
I recommend this apartment if you’re going to Hong Kong with a large group of family or friends and if you’re not that sensitive in traveling.
Watch out for my next posts about our 4-day itinerary 🙂